There are many possible reasons for trying this teaching technique. Here are just a few we've encountered already during the project.
Opportunities for students
- You need to truly understand an issue in order to explain it through storytelling
- Opportunities for collaborative learning
- Acquiring a wide variety of new skills beyond the topic covered, such as project management, teamwork and networking
- Additional experience to put on their CV when applying for higher or further education
- Provides opportunities for students to be very creative
- Modern equipment and software now makes the whole process much quicker and easier than you might think
- Very engaging for students
- Your students get to try something "cool"