- Education is a key component of Conservation
- Education can be at many different levels, although the most obvious will be to children in schools.
- There are many organizations, such as the World Wildlife Fund (WWF), who devote many of their resources towards education.
- Education has a major role to play for visitors to conservation sites, especially those involved in ecotourism. E.g. game reserves.
- Without education, there may be important conflicts between the needs of wildlife and those of humans. E.g beaches for nesting sea turtles and beaches for tourists.
Choose one of the following animals that tourists (ecotourism) go to see and produce an education leaflet for inclusion in a holiday brochure:
Zoos and gene banks